Friday, January 14, 2022

Sold 1/3rd of my CNQ position

 I bought a 2% position in CNQ 3 months ago, in the last month its up 20%.  Its starting to look parabolic:

I like this company and want to hold it for the next few years.

But I expect a correction around 2Q, which would hit oil.  CNQ is a high beta oil stock.   Short term, its way, way overbought.  And 2Q is only 10 weeks away, while the market is forward looking.

Sold 1/3rd of my position, @ CAD 64.44, profit 1.9K CAD or 29%.  Will sell more if it goes higher and my outlook stays the same.

Hope to buy it back cheaper later.

2 comments:

monishmathews said...

It was an Intresting Article! Thanks for the Information,to learn more about Global Macro Hedge Funds

Dharmendra Kapoor said...


One of the best article ever readed! Keep it up. Can Read About Hedge Fund