Sunday, September 29, 2024

Quick Update

Most of my portfolio is up nicely:
  • Hedgeye turned bullish on China after stocks rose on stimulus news.  They project Q4 has increasing yoy Chinese growth, but it may only last a quarter.  I'm not buying due to long-term Taiwan risk.  The majority of my portfolio is commeodities, which is another way of playing China anyway.
  • Commodities have kept going up since Hedgeye pivoted to quad 3.  I bought 2% silver and 2% platinum on dips.  And 1% bitcoin, which has not had a real dip.  Plus a 1% fomo buy in copper (FCX) at the highs.  Look to buy a little more bitcoin before I'm finished.   Now 110% invested.
  • Hartalega jumped limi-up 30% in a day a few days after I bought it on news of increased US tariffs on China gloves.  I had not realised just how fuk'n volatile this stock was, this is the second 30% day in this year.  If I had, I may have sized it a bit smaller.  I still think its undervalued as the glove market recovers over the next 3 years.  Biggest risk is rising Ringgit.
  • Oil still bearish Hedgeye trend.  Which may help Harta above.
  • My "Turnarounds and Lottery Tickets" - like Purecycle Tech (good production news), and the whole Singapore OSV/rig sector going up - have done well. Still plenty of room to run.
  • Gold has been slowly floating up, unnoticed, week-by-week.
  • Tin has moved up and down finishing off flat.  Maybe because semis are still down.
  • Uranium flat, no reaction to supply cuts from Kazatomprom.  Spot is still below the incentive price of ~ $100.


No comments: