Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Quick Update

Last 2 nights:

  • Added some Big Tech longs.  Then took some profit.
  • Cut some of the Crypto trades that weren't working last night.

Day-to-day many individual trades I'ver taken are too choppy.  I may consider:
  • Take profit on individual trades sooner.  On extreme overbought/oversold.  Sell/cover half, leave the other half to run.
  • Only trade the more liquid ETF.  Ignore ETFs and stocks with a high spread - only experienced traders should touch them.
  • Position size by volatility.  Or simply only trade the lower beta ETFs.  eg: If I was trading gold, pick GLD instead of GDXJ.  Less likely to be shaken out.
Reframe what I am trying to do:
  • Even through the market as a whole is unclear, there are clear trends.  Look at three month charts of bitcoin/ETH (up), Apple/MSFT/NVDA (up), XLU (down) or the Russell (down).
  • I'm trying to jump on board the trends, at a safer place where I don't lose too much when the trend changes, and in a way that I won't get shaken out by noise.
Under current conditions - near the end of the economic cycle, with rising rates, fighting an oil-war in the mid-East - take smaller and safer trades.  Don't swing for the fences.

No comments: