Friday, April 26, 2024

Quick Update

Small changes around the margins:
  • Sold bitcoin down to a 2% position.  Mixed signals.  I may buy it back, leave it, or sell it all.
  • Cut platinum from 2% to 1%, not working compared to copper, silver and gold.
  • Bought 0.5% position in Nickel Miners ETF (NIKL).  May buy some more.
  • Bought 2% gold.  Would like to buy gold miners.
Long inflation.  Hedgeye predicts 9 months of rising yoy inflation.  I want to own a basket of commodities that perform well in inflation:

Primarily Energy, but don't overdo it cause theres only a small sample size (8 cases above), and every time can be different.  So added precious and industrials.  Tough to own ags/softs/livestock or their producers, though I have United Plantations (palm oil).  I expect energy to perform well regardless of growth.  Gold to do better in stagflation.  And industrials to do better with inflationary-growth.  

And if I was really brave, I'd be shorting long term bonds to fund it all (see Exhibit 8).

No comments: